Sunday, August 3, 2008

God above all else

Recently, my walk with God has been quite bumpy. I was struggling due to certain issues that is happening in my life right now. i wun be sharing this issue as its quite personal. Anyway thru out this period, i was juz arguing with God about these area that i did not want to let go. However, God being who he is would not allow his children to continue in something detrimental in our walk. How did he do that? Well He spoke to me very powerfully in pastor jeff sermon about "Following Jesus". The moment he made his first pt, i knew full well that God meant that sermon for me. Yes the first pt was Putting God above all else and i remember pastor jeff said that in all things including relationship or marriage, we should put God above this allowing him to reign in these areas of our lives. God also hit me hard in the gut as i read the verses from Luke 14:25-33. The one that strikes me most was v33.

33In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.

Reading this, i know i have to make a choice between God and my struggle. Moreover during worship in cg God showed me another verse.

Haggai 1:3-9
3 Then the word of the LORD came through the prophet Haggai: 4 "Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin?" 5 Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. 6 You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it." 7 This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. 8 Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored," says the LORD. 9 "You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?" declares the LORD Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house.

What God showed me really burdened my heart but i know to let go that area would not be a walk in the park. Therefore i just want to made this prayer to God today.

"God though i know what i must do but it wun be easy to achieve. Help me thru tis lord to bring me to the right decision. Though i can't promise that i will let it go eventually but i will do my best. God help me. Thank you for your faithfulness in this. Amen."

No comments: